8.17.26 Palmisano Park (chompers & sapsuckers), Chicago, IL

 


A North American Tarnished Plant Bug looking completely badass. Look at those big pointy antennae and those angry eyes

Cool wings

Mating Green Darners and a damselfly that looks dead but isn't

So cool! We have never had mating Green Darners perch so close to us before. They were within six feet (two meters)!!! Oh, and you can see that the damselfly has gotten up

Eastern Pondhawk

German Yellowjacket

Invasive, but cool-looking

Northern Paper Wasp

Band-winged Glider in a photo with excellent composition

Green Darner

Pale-edged Pentatomid. Pentatomid refers to Pentatomidae, the stink bugs, which this insect belongs in. However, when I look up Pale-edged Stink Bug, there is no information on the species in this photo. But when I look up Pale-edged Pentatomid, I get tons of stuff about this species, even though stink bug and Pentatomid are synonymous,

Cute lil' bug

A Blue-winged Wasp resting in a weird position. After sitting here for a while, the wasp crawled behind the flower

A much more sensibly positioned Blue-winged Wasp

Goldenrod Soldier Beetle and a Black Diabrotica Beetle

See those antennae peeking out from under the petal? I think that's another black diabrotica

European Paper Wasp

Alydus eurinus, a species of broad-headed bug

Common Blue Mud Dauber

Unidentified spider wasp, possibly in the genus Anoplius

Grasshopper nymph

Unidentified true bug in some Whorled Milkweed flower buds

Black Bee Flies mating. They are very triangular

Red Milkweed Beetle


Comments