![]() |
| Squash Vine Borer and a Goldenrod Soldier Beetle |
![]() |
| The name "Squash Vine Borer" does not justify this moth. Maybe go with Red Fancypants Clearwing? Of course, "Fancypants" would be "Trouserton" in British english. |
![]() |
| So cool!!! |
![]() |
| It looks a lot like the Blue-winged Wasp (Scolia dubia), which I see a lot (though I haven't seen any this year). I wonder why the Blue-winged Wasp Scolia dubious |
![]() |
| A Black-and-gold Bumble Bee, Illinois' new state bee (whoo hooo!), looking like a fly baby centaur in this pose |
![]() |
| CUUUUTE |
![]() |
| 2 Stream Bluets |
![]() |
| Eastern Amberwings that are about to mate. Currently, the female is just riding the male. |
![]() |
| Nosedive! |
![]() |
| An impossibly cute Bold Jumper |
![]() |
| Eastern Carpenter Bee |
![]() |
| Two-spotted Bumble Bee |
![]() |
| Another two-spot |
![]() |
| Common Eastern Bumbler |
![]() |
| A very cute Red-eared Slider on the lawn. She supposedly just laid eggs and was heading back to the water. My dad moved her where she was going (back to the water). Here's a good comic for turtle moving info. Note: watch out for the pee. There's so much pee. |
![]() |
| Red Admiral |
![]() |
| Waxy eggs or secretions left by mealybugs or some other weird aphid relative |
![]() |
| Sunny (Pumpkinseed) fish. This is an older juvenile (may I say subadult?) |
![]() |
| A very majestic Great Blue Heron |
![]() |
| Eastern Gray Squirrel |
![]() |
| A dead Black-crowned Night Heron likely caught in fishing line. As it is very durable and takes very long to break down naturally, fishing line easily gets caught on and strangles wildlife. ALWAYS DISPOSE OF FISHING LINE YOU SEE. There's a good article on fishing line and wildlife here |
























This is such a cool post! The Squash Vine Borer has so much texture! I wouldn't have known what I was looking at either. Thanks for teaching me.
ReplyDelete